May 3, 2013

Benefit Makeup: Posie and Cha Cha Tint


If you read my previous blog, I mentioned that wearing a lot of makeup in this summer heat is terrible! Makeup melts too soon, mascara clumps, eyeliner smudges, lipsticks chap your lips, concealer cakes and eyebrow makeup fades... IT'S ANNOYING. EMBARRASSING!

This is the reason why I barely wear makeup now, I just conceal my under eyes, fill in my brows, put mascara, lipstick (I moisturize my lips whole night and morning so my lips won't chap), blush and highlighter.

I've always known Benefit's famous tints but never bought since I feared that it will be sticky or greasy. Yeah unfair me, I didn't even try and thought of these! Thank God I was able to try Cha Cha Tint at #alyannasfitnessparty where everyone gets to try and test how Benefit tints last even after an intense workout. 


Since's i'm tan, Cha Cha works for me and blends better with my skin. I tried it, and fell in love with it because it lasted the whole night despite our heavy activity in the fitness party! To add to this, I loved how it added glow on my cheeks that I didn't need to highlight anymore. I got my own bottle and now this is what I use everyday! I love how it stays the whole day despite the heat and sweat, there's no need to retouch at all. 

In another fitness party, I won Posie Tint! SO HAPPY!!! 



I know Posie Tint is better with fair skin but tan women can also wear it! It gives a lighter, more natural blush effect since shade is pink and it doesn't shout "I'M WEARING BLUSH!". I like wearing Cha Cha Tint when I want to get a sun kissed skin effect while Posie Tint is perfect for "no makeup look". Below is a swatch of both tints for your reference.


I would say both shades are my favorite! It's just a matter of knowing what kind of look I want to achieve to know which shade i'll wear. Otherwise, I love how natural both look when worn and best of all, they're perfect for me because I don't need to retouch my blush all day!

How to apply it? A tiny piece of paper that comes with the box would teach you how. And knowing the Benefit makeup artists, they would love to teach you too. Key is, you spread it right away when the tint touches your skin because it dries fast causing delay on blending to leave a map mark on your cheeks (which I'm sure you wouldn't want).


There are 2 ways to apply tints on cheeks:
1. Put a small amount of tint on your finger then blend on apples of cheeks in circular motion. I prefer using my index and middle fingers.
2. Using the cap brush, apply 3 tiny dots on your cheeks and use fingers to blend well. Again, blend right away to avoid unwanted tint marks.

Benefit tints can also be used on your lips! Apply 3 dots on upper and lower lips then apply :) You get natural healthy looking lips!

No comments:

Post a Comment